How we do business has officially changed as more and more companies adopt a hybrid way of working, with some fully embracing remote work!
In fact, last November 2020, 64% of Australians worked from home.
Let’s be real here, working from home is fantastic. You can make your own hours, there's no need to commute, and you can wear whatever you want and be in your jammies all day.
But it can also be a productivity killer.
There are distractions everywhere, and staying focused can be tricky. And if you find it hard to be productive, don't worry; you're not alone!
Many people are switching to remote work and figuring out how to make it work. Working from home has its perks, but it can also be a little tricky to figure out how to be more productive – and happier!
Here are a few tips to help you stay on track when you work from home:
When working from home, it can be easy to get distracted by TV, the phone, or other household tasks. It helps to have a separate space at home solely for work, away from your bed or couch if possible. A spacious desk and comfy chair can do wonders! Condition your mind that the bedroom is for relaxation and your work desk is for working.
Pro tip: Sitting near a window helps in increasing productivity!
If you’re finding it hard to focus, try keeping your digital and physical spaces clean. Close all of the applications and browsers that aren’t relevant to the task, and leave only the tabs and items you need for the day. This will help you be more efficient and eliminate distractions. Clean your space before and during work - it’ll make a big difference!
Many people who work from home find that they are more productive when they establish a daily routine. This may include getting up at the same time each day, showering, and dressing as if you were going to the office.
Once you have established your daily routine, stick to it as much as possible. This will help create a sense of normalcy and structure in your everyday life. In addition, try to take regular breaks throughout the day to stretch your legs and give your mind a rest. Don’t forget to step away from work at the end of the day to enjoy your personal time.
Did you know that The 3% of Harvard MBA grads who wrote down their objectives earned 10 times as much as the other 97% ten years after graduation, according to a Harvard Business study?
If that isn’t an incentive to set daily and weekly goals, I don’t know what is!
Daily goals might include specific tasks you want to accomplish, while weekly goals may be larger goals you want to achieve by the end of the week. Keeping these objectives in mind can help you stay focused and on track.
Be realistic about your daily tasks. Goals are simpler to attain when broken into smaller stages.
The best part about working from home? You get ahold of your time.
The worst part about working from home? You get ahold of your time.
Most of the time, the biggest enemy to productivity is ourselves. That’s why it’s helpful to use time management tools like Reclaim.ai to help you accomplish tasks! This tool can help you block time by integrating your task list, automatically scheduling meetings, and syncing all your calendars!
What’s more, Reclaim.ai does not require a credit card! It’s super easy to create a free account and get started.
Working from home may come with its own challenges, but it’s nothing you can’t overcome. When you plan your workflow, remove the distractions, and stick to the tips above, productivity will come easy.